DSL and 1 gig limit

Hello,
I just came back to this list.I would to try the Hurd again.I have
updated my PC since I last had it. I am using an Asus A7M266
with a thunderbird Athlon 1.2ghz CPU.It is a VIA and AMD 760
Based chipset Any problems with ATA100 drives? (IBM 61gig.).
Is there still a 1 gig limitation for the Hurd Partition?.
And last, I ordered ADSL service(PacBell).It is Ethernet based
(external modem), But I dont know yet if they are using PPPoE
or DHCP.Thanks in advance.
Jake