Re: Hurd information

On Sun, Mar 04, 2001 at 04:30:17PM +0100, Robert Bihlmeyer wrote:
> Prominent examples are packages depending on libc6 (>= x.y.z). The C
> library is called libc0.2 here, and the above applies.

libc6-dev. Dependencies on libc6/libc0.2 are handled by dpkg-shlibdeps.

> > And apt-get crashes, complains about the Packages file ..
> > Don't know if that is a good version of apt-get, found it on alpha.gnu.org.
>
> It's the best we have ..., and yes, apt is prone to crashing the Hurd.
> No fix (or even a good problem analysis) is known to me.

I don't know when he found it on alpha.gnu.org (it's not there
anymore), but apt 0.5.0 is in the Debian archive, and it's the best
we have. He might have 0.3.19, which is already old.

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de