first time install

Heya,
I'm sure you guys get a lot of mails like this, but I'm having trouble with
my first time install of The hurd. ;-)

I tried the install method as described on the port page, using the three
scripts, on a basic Potato installation (with the requisit packages).

The main problem I have is missing files when I try to use cross-install,
locating libstdc++ (both of them). I can't find them manually either.

If I remove them from plist I get dpkg errors.

Hrmm, so appearently this method isn't currently working?

Can anyone recommend a currently working method?

Thanks

as always,
nick
            nick@grawk.net * http://www.fargus.net/nick
    Developer - Systems Engineer - Mad System Guru - MOO Sales
    He picks up scraps of information/He's adept at adaptation
Because for strangers and arrangers/Constant change is here to stay