Re: task-devel-common not installable on the Hurd

    Gergely> I think the Depends should use some ${strace-depends}
    Gergely> variable, and set it according to DEB_HOST_ARCH...

    Gergely> something like:

    Gergely> ifneq (hurd-i386,$(DEB_HOST_ARCH)) dpkg-gencontrol
    Gergely> -Vstrace-depends=strace else dpkg-gencoltrol
    Gergely> -Vstrace-depends= fi

    Gergely> Or something like that :)

That would work, but then you would have to change Architecture: all
to Architecture: any.

ie. it would have to be rebuilt for every architecture. Yes building
should be very fast as no compiling is required, but isn't really
efficient use of the autobuilders (which already are overloaded, at
least for non-us).

See Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> response
though, this is an issue we are currently talking about on
debian-hurd.
--
Brian May <bam@snoopy.apana.org.au>