Re: installing gnupg

    Marcus> fine (see 1.)  3. makedev MUST be something else than
    Marcus> binary-all. It should be binary-all-linux, but that is not
    Marcus> implemented in our packaging system. It should be. This
    Marcus> requires some global effort and some lobbying for this
    Marcus> feature. It could list all linu arches and become
    Marcus> binary-any, which is lame.  Then hurd doesn't need to
    Marcus> conflict with makedev and a dummy package would work even
    Marcus> when dpkg isn't fixed.

Do we have a good solid proposal how this could be done?

I think it should be easier now we have package pools, all you need to
worry about is:

1. including the extra information in the packages.
2. compiling the Packages index file using this extra information.

so packages designated as binary-all-linux for instance do not appear
in the Packages index file for the Hurd.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>