Re: compiling packages

    Brian> anyway, I deleted the file, and compilation is continuing.

Success!

Only libldap.so hasn't been linked against libsasl.so, which prevents
compiling libnss_ldap. Not sure why, the libtool version looks high
enough (1.3.5+OpenLDAP).

Still this looks suspiciously like the problem I encountered with
libsasl (-lsasl and other -llibraries are dropped from the command
line), so I wonder if these OpenLDAP patches to libtool have broken it
again. :-(

Also the package dependencies for both SASL and openldap are broken,
probably for the same reason that has already been discussed.

ie. SASL doesn't depend on libdb2, and openldap doesn't depend on
libsasl7.  (other problems might exist, these are the ones I happen to
notice).
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>