Re: hurd deb archives...

On Fri, Feb 23, 2001 at 03:33:52AM +0100, epl@trip.raceway.wox.org wrote:
> Hi im new to this list and to hurd. I have been using debian gnu/linux for about a year and other linux distributions since -94 and felt like trying something else.
>
> I am wondering were one would find development debian/hurd archives?
> In my sources.conf i got: My closest debian mirror, my own debian/hurd mirror and
> alpha.gnu.org/gnu/hurd/debian.

This seems to be a complete list.

> In neither of these there are fully working perl-5.6 debs it seems so i tried building my own.
> Shouldnt have though since the build erased my /bin(/usr/bin perhaps) dir.

You too? That's strange. I had the same happening to me. It's frigthening
that you could reproduce what seemed to be a random crash to me.

However, Jeff Bailey got it to compile, and I sponsored it, so thanks to him
we have now up-to-date perl packages in the archive.

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de