Re: need some help

On Fri, Feb 23, 2001 at 12:15:11AM +0100, Robert Bihlmeyer wrote:
> Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> writes:
>
> > Hi Wichert,
>
> [You didn't CC him. Was this an oversight, or is he on the list?]

He had a

in his header. And he never CCs me when I post on debian-dpkg :)

> > We neither use ld.so.conf nor ld.so.cache.
>
> BTW, what is the Hurd Way to add root-sanctioned library locations
> (/usr/local/lib, /opt/staroffice/lib, ...)?

Compile the binaries with rpath (soon to be runpath, see the upcoming ELF
standard).
This is entirely incompatible with Debian Policy, but when we have runpath,
we should change Debian Policy on this.

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de