Re: scsh: stream_char_readyp

Paul Emsley <paule@chem.gla.ac.uk> writes:

> 	I was pleasantly surprised with the comments elsewhere on this
>       mailing list wrt Lisp - personally, the prospect of using
>       guile/scsh for Hurd translators/programming is mouthwatering :-).

What is the current legal status of scsh? Last time I looked, both
scheme48 and scsh used traditional "academic" licenses that didn't
allow any commercial use. I.e. they're not free software by the
DFSG-definition.

When I asked Olin Shiver about it, he said that he were willing to
change the scsh license but that he had more important things to do
than paperwork. He also said that he had no control over the scheme48
license, but that there was hope that it would be improved.

This was some time ago, and I haven't stayed up to date. Have things
changed?

Regards,
/Niels