Re: Update...

On Mon, Jan 22, 2001 at 04:33:07PM +0100, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> > This eventually led me to try and compile a
> > new dpkg.
>
> dpkg is not ready to be compiled without patches, but Wichert
> knows about most of the problems. It's best not to touch it.
> Why again did you want a new dpkg?

Mostly to see if I could get libstdc++2.10-dev to install without
complaining about libc6-dev not being installed.  libc0.2-dev appears to
have libc6-dev in the 'provides' line, so I figured it was probably a bug
in dpkg.

It's not a big deal.  What I do now is dpkg -i g++*dev libstdc++*dev for
the duration of any compile, and then remove them after if I need to do
any further upgrades.

--
Anyone who sais "Sticks and stones may break my bones but
words will never hurt me" has never had a dictionary thrown