Re: Pitfalls & future development & stuff

On Sun, Jan 21, 2001 at 06:49:16PM +0000, Bob Ham wrote:
> Obviously, the main concerns are with threads and plugins.  I'm also not
> sure how many threads are really practical for a program.

The number of threads doesn't matter, but the thread interface you use.
POSIX threads is of course the best choice for you. Unfortunately, they are
not supported on the Hurd (yet). We have cthreas, but that's a bit archaic,
and you might or not might want to support this. (Few do).

Beside that, if you stick with POSIX and GNU extensions in glibc, you are
fine for the Hurd.

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de