procmail and remote printing problem

Hi,

first of all thanks to all the people who contribute to this great OS.

I am facing two problems which can be by-passed, however, are annoying.

My configuration:

IBM/Cyrix processor(686).
Basically this is a system made up of the Debian packages plus some
self-compiled programs.

hurd_20000921_hurd-i386.deb from debian.org
gnumach_1.2-7.deb, which I compiled from the .deb sources.

The specific programs are:
fetchmail_5.3.4-1.deb from debian.org
procmail_3.15-0.1.pre.deb from debian.org
rlpr_2.02-3.deb, which I compiled from the .deb sources.

I. error message when fetching mail:
------------------------------------

When fetching mail I get the following error message:

reading message 80 of 80 (5321 octets) .....procmail: Kernel-lock failed
procmail: Kernel-unlock failed

My '.fetchmailrc' looks like this:

-------------- cut -----------------
poll popserv with proto pop3
user h0444xyv
password I will not tell you ;)
keep
mda "/usr/bin/procmail -d h0444xyv"
-------------- cut -----------------

My user name is 'h0444xyv'.
The mail is being fetched and processed by procmail, despite of this error
message. So should I worry?

II. error message when trying to print remotely:

On my attached Linux box an lpd is running, however, when trying to
print from the Hurd directly from a program (e.g. amaya, lyx [I verified this
with several programs]) I get the following error message:

rlpr: error: connect to orangina:515: Connection refused
rlpr: fatal error: client_open(): cannot connect to lpd

'orangina' is the hostname of the Linux box where the lpd runs.
On the other hand invoking printing by issueing the command
'lpr whatever_postscript_file.ps' on the command line the Linux box lpd
happily accepts the order from the Hurd box.

I do not know whether this problem comes from not porting (actually
I did not change anything in the sources) 'rlpr' to the Hurd
correctly or if there is another reason for it.
Since printing from the command line works I assume the problem must exist
between the applications (lyx, amaya) and the 'rlpr'.
I will send a carbon copy of this mail to the Linux maintainer of the 'rlpr'
package as well.

Did anyone successfully port 'lpr' or 'lprng' to the Hurd?

Thanks for your help.