AW: Nomenclature

Hi everybody,

seems that I like slightly offtopic linguistic threads ;-)

What's about "le chien", doesn't a dog have legs ?-)

In German it seems that names of OS are treated like names of towns.
You never say "der, die oder das Berlin" that would sound silly. But
if you use demonstrative pronouns it's simply neutral
"dieses sch...s Windows" (ok, we'll not discuss wether Windows is an OS).

The same should apply for (the) Hurd. "Hurd ist toll" but:
"Dieses tolle Hurd macht Spaß."

Looking forward to comments from linguistic experts.

CU, Peter