dependency problems again

I tried reinstalling the hurd after previously getting into problems
with dependencies and ending up in a bad way.

Once again im in trouble.

I used the tarball method, got networking going, then tried to use
dselect and the ftp method to upgrade some packages, i managed to get a
few packages installed.

I think the first time i only used the debian mirror, and i upgraded a
few packages, but now im trying to upgrade from both the debian mirror
and alpha.gnu.org, i have about 50 broken packages.

There is a new version of hurd, which depends on a new version of
libc0.2, i believe it has unpacked these two packages, but because
libc0.2 has changed its broken everything that depends on it.

Im sure if i could update libc0.2 and hurd id be able to fix things, the
libc0.2 depends on libnss, which depends on libdb2 and libdb2-utils,
both of which depends on libc0.2.

I consider myself a fairly competent debian user, but i just cant work
the packaging system under the Hurd.

Is it a mistake to use packages at alpha.gnu.org (are they only
experimental), or should i have not tried to upgrade the hurd package.

I have no clues.

Glenn