Re: Making an apt-able GNU/Hurd CDROM

On Thu, 2 Nov 2000, Javier Viñuales Gutiérrez wrote:

> On jue, nov 02, 2000 at 01:38:35 +0100, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> > dselect is probably okay (I used it often without problems)
>
> Why are we thinking only about dselect and not about capt for example? it's
> very nice to analize the dependency problems and it's part of the
> present/future of Debian. IMHO, dselect is a nice piece of software but it's
> part of the past/present of Debian.

Speaking as a disc vendor who produces highly modified vendor CDs I prefer
to work with well proven utilities.  It is most frustrating to have a dud
CD and not being certain if the utility or the file system is at fault.

Phil.

-
Philip Charles; 39a Paterson St., Abbotsford, New Zealand; +64 3 4882818