Re: ssh success

On Tue, Oct 24, 2000 at 06:00:47PM +0200, Robert Bihlmeyer wrote:

> > You can go back to dpkg 1.4.1.13 or so, which is still at ftp.debian.org....
> > *evil smile*
>
> Oh, that's only a year old. I was more hoping for a 1.7 that had all the
> hurd fixes included.

There have been some CVSupdates I will try out... later more.

> BTW, ssh wants PAM too (but works without), so I tried to compile
> that. Halfway through I became doubtful whether a straight port of
> linux-pam makes sense. Is it compatible with the Hurd's way of doing
> things? I'm not sure, so I stopped working on that.

I am not sure either. I don't feel good about PAM, but I don't know it well
either. I think ultimatively we want one of those great Hurd innovations
here, but if we can support basic PAM stuff, it wouldn't be bad for
compatibility. Not all of PAM is linux specific.

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de