Re: Help - Re: New

On Sat, Oct 21, 2000 at 12:36:47AM -0200, ColdWater wrote:
> People,
>
> And how can I get Debian GNU/Hurd? I've seen it on a FTP, but...? Do I have
> to make the same thing as with Debian Potato, with the Pseudo-Image-Kit?
> One more thing: How do I include myself on the list?

For getting it installed, see one of the two installation guides (that I
know of - there may be others).  They should be referenced in one or the
other of the links I gave you, but for your convenience, they are here:
http://www.walfield.org/papers/hurd-installation-guide/hurd.html (other
formats in same directory) or http://www.pick.ucam.org/~mcv21/hurd.html .

Last I knew Neal was looking for feedback on the first one as to whether
it was complete and clear enough for a newbie to follow it so you may
want to try it and give him feedback.  The second one is the "traditional"
set of instructions.

Neither of them involves building CDs and the ones that exist are
brand new and hardly tested so you probably don't want to get into CD
testing yet.  But, if you do, that'd be useful, too.

Also, both guides have information about mailing lists.

Steve

--
Steve Bowman  <sbowman@frostwork.net> (preferred)
Buckeye, AZ   <sbowman@goodnet.com> <bowmanc@acm.org>