Re: debconf

Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> writes:

> Ah, I see. Ugly, but if everything works after you bootstrapped it and
> worked around it, who cares

Well, it's when a new debconf-utils 1.2 would come out that depended
on debconf >= 1.2 - and debconf 1.2 build-depended on debconf-utils >=
1.2, autobuilding will stop in its tracks again. So self-dependency
should be avoided if at all possible.

Fortunately, debconf 0.4 went through major restructuring and the evil
dependency is now gone. Thanks to Joey for that! I still need to
pester him regarding "dpkg --print-architecture", though ...

I take that the hurd autobuilder will be finally able to upload
debconf? A current lynx should be no problem now, too ...

--
Robbe