Re: is apt working?

hey hey,

I was having a problem with "apt-get update" also, not
the same strangeness that arthur was getting.. Mine
was
downloading everything fine but then saying a line in
the Package list was too long...... Anyway 0.3.19 is
working much better..

In sources.list I am using lines like:
deb
ftp://ftp.eecs.umich.edu/pub/linux/debian/dists/sid/main/binary-hurd-i386/

Ugh, well that is supposed to be one line, but this
web based email .. well it sucks. /me to real email
soon. Anyway, if I want to do something like
deb ftp://ftpsite/debian sid main/binary-hurd-i386

does that even make sense? I don't understand how the
distribution carries over to the hurd. Until I do I
am just going to use the full pathname..

-Jeremy

--- Daniel Burrows <Daniel_Burrows@brown.edu> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 07, 2000 at 11:18:35PM +0200, Arthur
> Korn <arthur@korn.ch> was heard to say:
> > I made a fresh install now, this time with apt in
> $optlist of
> > cross-install, for it to be available from the
> start.
> >
> > Everything went smooth this time, except for the
> known
> > /dev/fd/5: ALL:: error from tcpd (is it harmful?).
> >
> > But apt doesn't work. (How do you hurd ppl install
> packages?).
>
>  [snip]
>
> > I notice that the apt in sid is ancient (0.1.9,
> woody has
> > 0.3.19), but that has it's reasons I suppose.
>
>   Er, I think you want:

ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/hurd/debian/dists/unstable/main/binary-hurd-i386/base