Re: Report on X

On Mon, Oct 02, 2000 at 10:40:50PM +0100, Zsombor Cseres-Gergely wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 27, 2000 at 09:57:00PM -0700, Steve Bowman wrote:
> >
> > This item is more complicated than I can deal with right now.  There seems
> > to be some instability induced by attempting to start X.  The following
> > sequence of events describes the situation:
> >
> > 	login as sbowman
> > 	ps works
> > 	su works
> > 	startx fails
> > 	su now fails ("Killed")
> > 	ps now fails ("Killed")
>
> The same. And it is persistent, ie. if I log out, and back (or even reboot), it
> says "Killed", and also the same for regular-user "screen".

You're not setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/X11R6/lib in your .profile or .bashrc
or somewhere like that are you?  The problem for me discontinued as soon
as I unset LD_LIBRARY_PATH without even logging out or anything.

Steve

--
Steve Bowman  <sbowman@frostwork.net> (preferred)
Buckeye, AZ   <sbowman@goodnet.com> <bowmanc@acm.org>