Trying to compile

Hello all.

I am trying to compile several packages and as expected I'm failing
miserably :)

The first victim was tree, that vital component of every system; I got the
src deb, made a dpkg-source -x ***.dsc (I had the diff and the tar.gz) and
it expanded nicely; I then made a simple configure && make; there were
issued with MAXPATHLEN - I red about that in the Debian GNU/Hurd page; seing
this, I made such a brutish hack that I won't even sy it in public; anyway,
ir compiled and it worked.

After that I had a go with epic, same process, same MAXPATHLEN error, same
brutish hack, but this time it gave a linker error, apparently all the
function in term.o that are supported by a term lib (neither termcap or
terminfo were detected during configure) fail to link.

Any ideas on this one? It's prolly way over my ability to fix it, but I
would like to know at least the reasons for the failuer :)

Best regards,

Frederico S. Muñoz
fsmunoz@sdf.lonestar.org