Python on hurd (was RE: Report on X)

hi,

	I have the python sources with me and will recompile the base
python debs sometime soon and fill you folks in.  I will also
recompile numPy _after_ installing the new python debs and let you
know.  If possible I'll try to upload them (the upload may take
forever...:().  And thanks for letting me know that there were no
outstanding issues with the build.

thanks,
prabhu

<snip>