XFree86 3.3.6-10

hi,

    Marcus> Hi, I uploaded X packages to alpha.gnu.org. Follow the
    Marcus> instructions, and you will soon get a nice and shiny X on
    Marcus> the Hurd.

	Wow!  This is great news!  Marcus, live long and prosper!! :) I
have a few questions.

(1) Does hurd support PS/2 mice?  The hardware compatibility guide
said that it doesnt.  Will X on hurd work with a ps/2 mouse?

(2) What exactly is oskit mach?  If i understand correctly it is a
derivative of gnumach that was taken up by U. of Utah and uses the 2.2
linux device drivers?  Is that all or is there more to it??

(3) Most of my important files under linux are in partitions formatted
with reiserfs.  I have been using reiserfs since Jan 2000.  I dont
have any free partitions either on my disk.  It would be nice if I
could mount these partitions under hurd.  And it would be nice for
hurd to have a journaling fs.  So I have the foll. qns.

	(a) How difficult would it be to create a hurd transalator for
	reiserfs?  I am not a kernel hacker, I do know C, but only
	as an applications programmer.  I am on the reiserfs list.  I
	can ask someone for help there too.  Pointers to information
	would be appreciated.

	(b) Would it be easier to make the driver under oskit-mach??

	(c) Would any of you be interested in doing this, or has
	someone already done this?

(4) Now that X runs successfully, will OpenGL compile under the hurd?
Do you anticipate any problems??  If it will compile I can see if vtk
compiles on it.  I make debs for vtk and it is a massive build!

(5) Do you folks have plans for X4?  No, I am not getting greedy but
just curious.  Someone said that it might be easier to port X4 to hurd
than 3.3.x.  Now that 3.3.6 is done would it make porting X4 to the
hurd trivial??

thanks,
prabhu