Re: XFree, an on-going story (plus a newbie question)

Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> I should really clean up the mess and provide a final version of my changes.
> OTOH, you probably have your own way to apply such fixes, so let me know if
> you have sufficient info or want a final, "clean" patch in one file.
> I would have to prepare one anyway, as I want to hurry up and upload an
> inofficial version to alpha.gnu.org, even before you release -11.

A final, "clean" patch would be preferable.  Especially if you'll be doing
it anyway.  I was hurrying, trying to do a -11 for 2.2r1, but that's looking
very unlikely now. (Still dpkg-shlibdeps issues, and there won't be time to
test once they are worked out.)  So at your leisure.

> BTW, for the JoystickSupport, I think you can use
>
> #ifdef GNUMachArchitecture
>
> which is defined in config/cf/Imake.cf. Are the contained symbols available
> in site.def?

I've just started looking at the code in question, but tentatively I'd say
yes.  I hate to sound ignorant about this.  But really, I am.  I took the
X3.3.6 package with the understanding that I'd be doing mostly caretaking
of a few servers and drivers not supported by X4.0.1.  I've been gearing
my attention and efforts in that direction, and am unfamiliar with large
portions of the build process.  I've committed to keeping the entire tree
available for the Hurd, and I will.  But I've got a lot of code browsing
to do now.  (Wow, there were a lot of 'I's in that paragraph.)

BTW, I just found #hurd on OPN this evening.  I'll be there often, if you
need/want real-time communication, or just to converse.

Regards,
Steve