Re: WARNING fileutils 4.0x-1 severly broken

> Do NOT install fileutils 4.0x-1 that's in the archive since
> yesterday.
>
> It is utterly broken. Even the simplest functions like rm, ln
> return "Function not implemented"

Just my luck to upgrade a whole lot of packages at that time.

I'm new to debian and would appreciate a bit of reassurance while I'm
fixing this:

I assume I have to get the old fileutils (possible by other means than
dselect (and whatever it uses to get packages)), and install it.

Will this even be possible without a working ls, rm etc?

If I can't use the package management tools on hurd, what do I do to list
the files inside the package (on Linux) so that I know what to fix
manually?

Thanks
John