Re: GNU GRUB 0.5.95 boot image available

On Thu, Jul 27, 2000 at 10:29:14AM -0600, Gordon Matzigkeit wrote:
> [Please direct followups to bug-grub@gnu.org.]
>
> I've updated the GRUB boot image to 0.5.95.  You can get it from:
>
> ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/grub/
>
> Sorry I didn't do this earlier, but this should solve all the problems
> new folks were seeing because they were using grub-0.5.93.1.

I don't think so. People are probable lead astray by the following
instructions in the easy guide:

   You also need GRUB, the GRand Unified Bootloader. Grab the image from
   alpha.gnu.org/gnu/hurd/contrib/marcus/grub-floppy-19991023.gz.

As we don't have access to the master copy at ucam.org, and Matthew is away
for a couple of weeks, we should by community ruling rogue the install doc
and keep a corrected copy at gnu.org, and change all references we have
under our control to this one. And we should give Matthew all help he needs
to be able to modify the copy at gnu org in the future.

I am willing to spend the time necessary to get the install instructions up
to date. I can host them at debian.org, too, but gnu.org is probably
better(?)

I am now going to move the above grub disk out of the way.