Re: ppp

On Fri, Jul 21, 2000 at 07:12:55PM +0100, Chris Lingard wrote:
> George A. Dowding wrote:
>
> > I am interested in working on ppp for hurd.  I am curious as to what
> > progress has been made in that direction, and if anyone is activly
> > working on it right now?
> >
> > I have a freshly installed hurd and a modem.
> > --
> > Thanks,
> > George
> >

> Hello,
>
> Would like to join your team if that is the way it is going.  I have had a
> little look at UNIX pppd and BSD pppd; both need a lot of work.
>
> Also there is the little matter of designing the translater.  I read somewhere
> that the experts have some thoughts as to how it should be done, but cannot find
> details.
>
> I have a years mail from the Hurd groups; and though many people have started
> work on this; nobody has published any results.
>
> Chris
>

> > dowdingg@math.uaa.alaska.edu
> > http://www.math.uaa.alaska.edu/~dowdingg
> >
> > --

Count me in, too.

Daniel E. Baumann
Phone: (414) 462-1403
E-mail: baumannd@msoe.edu (preferred)
        baumannd@trio.msoe.edu
        baumannd@penguinpowered.com (caution: dynamic DNS service, may bounce)

Web location: 	http://www.msoe.edu/~baumannd
                http://www.linuxfreak.com/~baumannd

"Life would be so much easier if we could just look at the source code."

      -- Dave Olson