Re: How to get more developers (was: Mailing List traffic and...)

On Sun, Jul 16, 2000 at 02:40:04AM -0700, Seth Nickell wrote:

> Another valuable tool would be Bugzilla. I know nothing of this...but
> would sourceforge be willing / able to host bugzilla for us? The value
> in Bugzilla is that it makes it easier for non-HURD *developers* to be
> attracted to the HURD - since people can easily browse bugs w/o "joining
> the community". This will encourage the developers who know what they're
> doing in particular areas (like networking, filesystems, what not) to
> see things they can do in the HURD and hopefully encourage them to dive
> in ("oh! I think I can do that...").

The GNU project is tending to encourage maintainers to use GNU servers
instead of Bugzilla.  We have a GNATS database for most projects.

The core Hurd developers don't use this, mind you.  They tend to use the
Debian bug tracking system.

--
"It is easy to be blinded to the essential uselessness of computers by
the sense of accomplishment you get from getting them to work at all."