Developer tools

A problem I've encountered with developing both on and for the GNU/HURD is
the tools used to develop, or a possible lack of them. Perhaps it is just
me, but ld does not work (at least not the one found with the binutils from
ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/sid/main/binary-hurd-i386). (If this is just
me, could anyone help me figure out what went wrong?)

Documentation is also needed, of course. When I learn more of the HURD I
hope to contribute.

Are simple tasks like shell scripting, documentation, and other
non-compiled prorgamming tasks useful to contribute? Most of the talk
around the group is regarding programming in C.

--
Mike Burns <netgeek@downcity.net> <http://netgeek.ws>