Problems with dpkg-ftp

Hi

I just installed Debian GNU/HURD and things went just fine. Then I set
up dselect to use ftp (using the sunsite.auc.dk mirror, as I live in
Denmark) and selected some packages for installation. The mirror works
fine, and I can download from it without problems using ftp on the same
hurd-system, but when I run Install in dselect, it just hangs after
downloading each package, as if it doesn't find out, that the download
is complete. After a certain time-out, or when I press ^C, it says "FTP
ERROR", and then it asks: "Do you want to retry downloading at once
[y]:". I say yes, and it asks me, if I want to continue at some
position, wich turns out to be the total size of the file. Then it gets
the remaining 0.00 bytes of the package and goes on to the next package.
In this way I have to press ^C whenever I think it is through
downloading a package and make it go on to the next package in this very
bothersome way.

I use:
dpkg 1.4.1.13
dpkg-ftp 1.6.7

<SAMPLE OUTPUT>
Downloading files... use ^C to stop
Connecting to sunsite.auc.dk...
Login as anonymous...
Setting transfer mode to binary...
Cd to '/mirrors/ftp.debian.org/debian'...
getting: dists/unstable/main/binary-hurd-i386/libs/zlib1g_1.1.3-5.deb
(0,00b/40.90k)
getting:
dists/unstable/main/binary-hurd-i386/devel/dpkg-hurd-dev_1.4.1.13.deb
(73.56k)
^CFTP ERROR

Do you want to retry downloading at once [y]:
continue file:
dists/unstable/main/binary-hurd-i386/devel/dpkg-hurd-dev_1.4.1.13.deb
(at 75322) [y]:
Downloading files... use ^C to stop
Connecting to sunsite.auc.dk...
Login as anonymous...
Setting transfer mode to binary...
Cd to '/mirrors/ftp.debian.org/debian'...
getting:
dists/unstable/main/binary-hurd-i386/devel/dpkg-hurd-dev_1.4.1.13.deb
(0.00b/73.56k)
getting:
dists/unstable/main/binary-hurd-i386/devel/binutils_2.9.5.0.22-4.deb
(1.10M)
FTP ERROR

Do you want to retry downloading at once [y]:
</SAMPLE OUTPUT>
 - I typed this in by hand, so there might be errors