The easy guide to installing Hurd...

Hi everybody,

I've just installed the Hurd in my machine using the instructions in
"The easy guide to installing Hurd in a Linux box"
(<http/www.gnu.org/software/hurd/easy.html>), and it worked fine. If
anyone wants to know the exact steps that I've taken, take a look at

  http://angg.twu.net/e/hurd.e.html#hurd-install-easy

I placed there all the blocks of code that I executed in a shell to do
the installation, plus some comments. The code is 100% guaranteed to
work on my machine. ;-)

NOTE TO BEGINNERS LIKE ME: to install the Hurd from a Potato system
one just needs a free partition, 17MB of downloads (explained in the
"script") and a bit of patience to follow the instructions in
.../easy.html. I hope that with my, hm, "scripts", the bit of patience
can be cut by half, at least if people can overcome my idiosincrasies
and zshisms and understand how the Emacs Lisp hyperlinks work. :-)

  Cheers,
    Eduardo Ochs
    http://angg.twu.net/
    edrx@inx.com.br