Re: Compiling start-stop-daemon

On Fri, Jun 16, 2000 at 10:40:35PM -0700, Kevin Musick wrote:
> To all,
>
> I'm attempting to compile start-stop-daemon by itself, apart from the rest
> of the dpkg package.  As a result, I'm not using the Makefile, but just
> calling gcc directly.  I'm using the line:
>
> I get linker errors that ihash and proc_stat_* functions are not found.
> I've attempted to:
>
> gcc -Wall -l libihash.so start-stop-daemon.c
>
> but I get the message that libihash.so is not found.  I guess I need to
> define $LIB for this.
>
> Does anyone know the libraries I'll need and the compilation options to make
> that work?

To compile a file and then link it against the ihash library, something
like this is what you want:

  cc -Wall -o start-stop-daemon.o -c start-stop-daemon.c
  cc -o start-stop-daemon start-stop-daemon.o -lihash

The proc_stat_* functions I would guess are in libps, so just add -lps
after -lihash in the preceeding.

Regards,

--
Sune Kirkeby                    | "Imagine, if you will, that there were no
http://mel.interspace.dk/~sune/ | such thing as a hypothetical situation..."