The Hurd, gcc-2.95.2 and the C Library 2.1.3

Hi Folks,

This is strange, so here is the report.

Using the latest CVS Hurd source, and the C library package libc0.2_2.1.3-6.deb
(from the archives); plus a native built gcc.2-95.2 the Hurd builds and works
perfectly.

Using the above but substituting my native built C library
libc0.2_2.1.3-6_hurd-i386.deb I cannot log into accounts with a pass word.  I
can log into an account with a null pass word, run passwd to get the pass word
changed message, and log out.  I then cannot log in again, and get an "Invalid
pass word" message.

Have rebuilt C library two or three times, just to check.  Have checked the log
and everything looks normal; the build just blew up once in "others db2".  The
library is built with gcc-2.95.2

Have previously had a Hurd system running, whose source and library was built
with gcc-2.95.2.

Anybody got any good ideas?

Chris