Using GCC

I've installed the latest Hurd package along with the GCC compiler.
However, I have several problems running the compiler:

1.  You can't compile GNUMach without copying over a significant number of
libraries.  Is there a package that has these libraries in one convenient
place?

2.  A large number of header files are missing for any serious development.
I've tried compiling a number of Linux packages, including Samba, OpenLDAP,
Dents, and others.  It seems that there must be another package that
contains all of the standard header files.  Even "stdio.h" isn't found.

3.  I can write a simple "hello world" program, compile it, and it the
executable file size will be over 2MB!!  Ouch.  I can compile GNUMach
without a hitch, but I guess it's not using many of the same libraries.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kevin Musick
kmusick@teldar.com