Re: Network ping and serial console

Allow me to reply to my own message;

> I have two small questions for you all; (1) after I have (successfully)
> configured the network and tries to ping a host, I get errors about
> not being able to allocate x amounts of memory (x~64k).

This is obviously caused by the rtl8139 driver trying to allocate a
64kbyte buffer. The version in CVS is fixed and only tries to allocate
32kbyte, which supposedly works, but the gnumach image still uses the
old version.  I suppose this will be fixed eventually and until a time
where I can either recompile the gnumach or get an updated version,
I simply changed network cards ;-)

> (2) I want to be able to login from a serial console; how do I do this?

This still remains unsolved and is rather important for me since it's
the only convenient way for me to work with the computer :-) I don't
necessarily have to connect /dev/console to a terminal; I just need
a login shell started on a serial device when the machine has booted.