Re: Various porting issues..

On Sun, Nov 12, 2000 at 11:04:23AM -0500, Daniel Burrows wrote:
>   How long are porter rebuilds supposed to take to be processed?  I uploaded
> recompiles of a number of packages (built with -B -mmy_email), and they seem
> to still be sitting in Incoming (eg: nethack and libsigc++)

Usually up to one day. dinstall runs about 6pm GMT or so.
If dinstall does not install them, it gives you a notification why (new
components, rejection).

You can check by entering the install directory and run

/path/to/dinstall -n my.changes

it will let you know what it thinks about it. Or it is already in REJECT/.

> Also, I have a report on SDL: I took a brief look at it and it's not going
> to be ported in the near future, at least not by me.  It has a configure script,
> but the configure.in contains a number of gigantic "case" statements:
>
> case "$target" in
>   linux)
>     # Stuff they think is available on "linux", whatever that means
>   beos)
>     # etc
>   # etc
> esac
>
>   The stuff checked for in these blocks includes things like which libraries
> to link to, which programs are available on the system (esd, for instance),
> and so on.

Barf. That means a lot of work, but the real question is how it talks to the
graphic hw. That's much more important than some configure sillyness.

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de