Various porting issues..

  How long are porter rebuilds supposed to take to be processed?  I uploaded
recompiles of a number of packages (built with -B -mmy_email), and they seem
to still be sitting in Incoming (eg: nethack and libsigc++)

  Also, I have a report on SDL: I took a brief look at it and it's not going
to be ported in the near future, at least not by me.  It has a configure script,
but the configure.in contains a number of gigantic "case" statements:

case "$target" in
  linux)
    # Stuff they think is available on "linux", whatever that means
  beos)
    # etc
  # etc
esac

  The stuff checked for in these blocks includes things like which libraries
to link to, which programs are available on the system (esd, for instance),
and so on.

  I don't have the stomach at the moment to either look at or participate in
(by adding a load of "hurd" cases) their complete cluelessness about how
to write a configure script; if someone else wants to port it, take this as
a warning about what lies in store :-)

  I have to go calm down, just looking at that monstrosity of a configure.in
again got me all riled up :P

   Cheers,
  Daniel

--
/----------------- Daniel Burrows <Daniel_Burrows@brown.edu> -----------------\
|                 "The spork is strong with him..." -- Fluble                 |