Re: libsigc++ for the Hurd

On Thu, Nov 02, 2000 at 04:38:33PM -0500, Daniel Burrows wrote:
>   I decided to try porting libsigc++ to the hurd, just to see if it would be
> easy.

Great job!

>   I've uploaded packages to incoming.  Hopefully I got the porter-build
> stuff right (I'm afraid I may have not done the right thing with the
> lftp upload..)

I forgot to say it. If you already know, maybe it helps someone else. This
is how I build package:

dpkg-buildpackage -B "-mMarcus Brinkmann <brinkmd@debian.org>"

I usually build as root on the Hurd (I do everything on the Hurd as root.
Eeek! :) I also add "-uc" because my secret key is not on the Hurd
partition, and I sign later with "debsign -ahurd-i386" from Linux.
(But pgp works on the Hurd, and gnupg is reported to work, too).

Leaving away the "-m" option will result in the notification be sent to the
real maintainer, not to the porter.

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de