Re: cross compilation problems

 SB> Hmmm.  I checked a few with ldd and they are looking for
 SB> libc.so.6 which doesn't look good.  These libs come with the
 SB> gcc-i386-gnu package.  I have version 1.7-4 of this package
 SB> installed - and it looks broken.

1.7-3 only installs a symlink from /usr/i386-gnu/lib -> /gnu/lib.

Now, if you're getting libc.so.6-linked libraries in that directory,
something's really wrong.  Maybe double-check that /usr/i386-gnu/lib
is indeed a symlink to the directory that contains your Hurd-compiled
libraries.

If not, and you didn't tweak it yourself, we should file a bug report
against gcc-i386-gnu.

Good luck,

--
 Gordon Matzigkeit <gord@fig.org>  //\ I'm a FIG (http://fig.org/)