Re: Hurd CVS and X Debugging [Was: Re: Plans for X]

On Tue, Oct 24, 2000 at 06:05:06AM -0400, Roland McGrath wrote:
> [snip]
> Yes.  If you look at those functions you will see that e.g.
> mach_port_deallocate can never call ports_interrupt_notified_rpcs.

ACK.  Thanks for checking so I'm not tracking down things that aren't
there.

> [snip]
> Don't use "set noninvasive on" unless you have to.  There should be nothing
> else that depends on the mouse translator, so you won't screw yourself by
> gdb suspending it in the normal way.  Since in that mode gdb doesn't stop
> the process while examining it, you cannot always trust what you see and
> generally need to be aware of a lot of intricacies.

Aha.  I hadn't educated myself on that particular switch and picked it
up from another message on hurd debugging awhile back.  I'll do without
it for mouse and kbd debugging.

Thanks,
Steve

--