Re: fd0 crash fixed in CVS

Rene Rebe <rene.rebe@myokay.net> writes:

> Hi!
>
> Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > The fd0 crash is fixed in CVS.
>
> What bug was it?
>
> I tryed to boot the Hurd system delivered on the FreeX 4'00 CD. It
> stops after printing. "fd0: is a post-1991 ...." (or something like
> this). I don't have any floppy-drive in my box (who need such old
> stuff ;-)??)

I don't know if you're talking about a totally different thing, but if
you look in the archives you will see that several ppl - including me
- posted about that; in the end it was the NIC drivers included in
gnumach, after I recompiled it with only my NIC support added it
worked (apparently after the floppy test it is the NIC init - or the
scsi init for those that have it).

just my 2 cents,

fsm

--