Re: circular build-dependency in debconf

Sorry to reply to myself but...

On Tue, Oct 17, 2000 at 08:09:52PM -0700, Steve Bowman wrote:

> What I'm wondering about is why debconf hasn't made it into hurd-i386.
> With the number of packages available for the hurd, I'm guessing there's
> an autobuilder running somewhere.  Since debconf-utils is available and
> the other build dependencies seem to be met, I'd have thought debconf
> would have been built by now.  Am I wrong about the autobuilder or is
> there something else keeping debconf from autobuilding on hurd-i386?

I think I just answered my own question.  After purging debconf and
debconf-utils, I found that I had to use --force-depends to install
debconf-utils.  After that, debconf built fine (with the same warnings
already reported on debian-hurd).  Setting PATH is not needed as
previously reported on d-h.

Steve

--
Steve Bowman  <sbowman@frostwork.net> (preferred)