Re: installing HURD debs from Linux?

> You need something like,
>
> /var/local/apt-hurd $ cat apt.conf
> APT
>  {
>    /* This is not necessary if the two machines are the same arch, it tells
>       the remote APT what architecture the Debian machine is */
>    Architecture "hurd-i386";
>
>    Get::Download-Only "true";
>  };
>
> Dir
>  {
>    /* Use the disc for state information and redirect the status file from
>       the /var/lib/dpkg default */
>    State "/var/local/apt-hurd/";
>    State::status "status";
>    State::avaiable "available";
>    State::lists "/var/local/apt-hurd/lists/";
>    Aptitude::State "/var/local/apt-hurd";
>

>    // Binary caches will be stored localy
>    Cache "/var/local/apt-hurd/";
>    Cache::archives "/var/local/apt-hurd/archives/";
>
>    // Location of the source list.
>    Etc "/var/local/apt-hurd/";
>  };

This seems to work using straight apt, but I get this when trying to get
gcc for the HURD.

obfuscation:/home/baumannd# export APT_CONFIG=/var/local/apt-hurd/apt.conf
obfuscation:/home/baumannd# apt-get install gcc
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these:
  bsdutils: Depends: sysvinit (>= 2.59-2) but it is not installable
  gcc: Depends: cpp (>= 1:2.95.2-10) but it is not going to be installed
       Depends: cpp (< 1:2.95.3) but it is not going to be installed
       Depends: binutils (>= 2.9.5.0.12) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).

where's sysvinit? (I know you have been talking about different sysvinit
methods) and how do I get around this, do I just force things?