Re: installing HURD debs from Linux?

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 10, 2000 at 07:37:42PM -0500, Daniel E. Baumann wrote:
> Hey is it possible to install HURD debs from Linux? I have the HURD on a
> 830MB partition on my laptop in which the only way I can access the net is via
> a linksys pcmcia ethernet/modem combo card.

I do not think that I understand your problem: the download is from
GNU/Linux after which the install unpacks each deb in turn.  When you
reboot, net support is not necessary to finish the install.

BTW, there is no pcmcia support in GNUMach;  Thomas was working on it
a while ago and stopped when he did not need it (feel free to correct me
on this).

> Also, Marcus do you still need someone to port the ppp package to the HURD? I
> may do this instead of screwing with pfinet, I'm not sure yet still got some
> more reading to do :).

I do not want to speak for Marcus, however, I think he is not overly
enthusiastic about doing the ppp port, so . . .

-Neal

--
Neal H Walfield
University of Massachusetts at Lowell