Re: boot problems (still)

I'm very happy to report success at last.  I came up with an install-
method that worked (for me).

What I did was edit the cross-install script, removing gnumach from the
plist.  I then ran cross-install normally.  Next, I cross-compiled gnumach
on linux, and did "make install".   From there, the installation proceeded
normally, and w/o error.

Everything works, with the exception of networking.  Still an issue with
eth0, and commands involving it.  But I can at least "ping localhost" now.
   (ping <remote.address> returns "ping: socket: Translator died")
The card is a LinkSys LNE 100TX (tulip).

I haven't traced exactly what the issue is wrt to installing the default
gnumach deb, but I do plan to try.

Regards,
Steve