Re: rc

On Mon, Aug 07, 2000 at 02:51:54PM +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> System V init has some deliberate limits (for example a fixed number of
> run-levels). For the hurd we want something better.

So, what will the hurd implement ? When ?

> However, I ported sysvinit from Linux to the Hurd. An experimental, old

But if hurd won't use it, why port ? (Well, it's useful to run System
V initialization files, which Debian GNU/Linux uses, but we should do
things well from the start...) (this is my opinion).

--
Juli-Manel Merino Vidal <jmmv@mail.com>

   Become a GNU! (http://www.gnu.org)
     Running Debian GNU/Linux woody