Some Basic Hurd Questions

I have a few basic Hurd questions for the experts:

1.  When running nfsd, is there a corresponding rpc.mountd that needs to
be run?  What is required to run the NFS server?

2.  I know the Hurd configures a network adapter by using settrans with
pfinet, but does this effectively rule out using a DHCP server?  I
assume, even if the Hurd cannot act as a DHCP client, that it could run
a DHCP server for other systems.  Is that accurate?

3.  This is probably just a Unix question in general, but why are some
of the man pages stored in /man and some stored in /share/man?  What
determines which files should go in each place?

4.  Why does uname return the type of system as i386-AT386 instead of
just i386 like Linux.  I suspect that this will break some Linux
compilation scripts.

5.  I remember that df doesn't work because the Hurd doesn't have access
to disk geometry, even though Mach will return it if asked.  Can
anything be done to correct this?  If I'm interested in working on it,
how should I proceed?

Thanks everyone.

Kevin Musick
kmusick@teldar.com