Re: Berlin vs X windows port to the hurd

On Fri, Apr 07, 2000 at 07:39:20AM -0500, Christopher Browne <cbbrowne@hex.net> was heard to say:
> And it is something that will almost surely be "usable only in the
> far future."  There are *NO* Berlin applications being deployed.

  Actually, I was just checking their Web page out, and it has a big message
stating that as of April 2, 2000, one program runs on Berlin: a Jabber
client.  I think maybe they wrote it themselves, and it's apparently only about
200 lines of Perl, and it only helps the ~5 people in the world who use Jabber,
but.. :-)

  Daniel

--
All generalizations are dangerous.