Re: first draft "aptitude howto"

Hi,

I have a fast hurd box on ethernet.  If you would like access (or anyone else
for that matter), just toss me a note and I will setup an account for you.

-Neal

On Mon, Apr 03, 2000 at 09:23:48PM -0600, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> On Mon, 3 Apr 2000, Neal H Walfield wrote:
>
> > This is not correct.  apt 0.1.9 is the latest version ported to the hurd.
> > Additionally, only ftp mode (currently) works.
>
> I was told the later versions were not ported simply because nobody was
> going to compile them - it needs several patches to work around lack of
> features in the HURD glibc. Nobody has reported any bugs about http not
> working on hurd, it seems rather hard to belive.
>
> Jason

Neal Walfield                                              neal@walfield.org
UMass Lowell - Fox 1512                                  Phone: 978-934-5347
                                                           Fax: 603-415-3645
Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence.
                -- H. L. Mencken