Re: cross compilation tool versions

On Mon, Mar 20, 2000 at 08:19:05AM -0700, Jim Franklin wrote:

Thanks.  egcs ought to work for the entire process - I chose to use the
most recent compiler for 2 reasons:

1) There were some significant improvements in the cross-compiler stuff
in the 2.95 series.  This is not particularily important when staying on
an i386 platform, but very important when cross-compiling from other
platforms like UltraSparc.

2) Bigger, better, sexier optimizer.  My system just 'feels' a touch
faster when compiled with 2.95.2 - I haven't substantiated this with
benchmarks.

I need to go through the effort of figuring out how to setup OSKit &&
GNUMach.  Once that is done, I will change the instructions so that egcs
isn't used at all.  (Contributions welcome!! <hint, hint - for that and
any other 'help documentation that people want posted'>).

Tks,
Jeff Bailey